Welcome to the Howard County Library, Big Spring, Texas!
(including area code)
Search the library catalog:
Web and Research Resources - Work and research from the office or from home, anytime:
- TexShare Databases: books, articles, research databases, and more
- Selected Sites: what's good on the Web
- Community Organizations: local, nonprofit groups and services
- Good Reads: book reviews, top sellers, author interviews, and news headlines
Social Security Online: the official website of the U.S. Social Security Administration
Texas State Securities Board: For information on wise and safe investing access: http://TexasInvestorEd.org or call: (888) 663-0009 to request a free background check on anyone selling securities or rendering investment advice to a Texan.
Peoplesmart.com: A database of public records searchable by name, state, city, and other identifying characteristics.
- http://www.cypressresume.com/index.php?c=howardcountylibrary: Easy online resume builder that lets you create professional-quality resumes in three quick and simple steps.
- http://collections.swco.ttu.edu/: Big Spring Herald archives from 1921 to 1955 and the Big Spring Enterprise from 1908 to 1911 are now available online. The Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library (SWC/SCL) at Texas Tech University in a cooperative project with Howard County Library has made this project possible.
Try these databases filled with magazine articles, encyclopedia entries, and other materials to help you discover more on any subject, from general interest to business, hobbies, and more. Please see your librarian for a username and password.
Download Free Audiobooks, eBooks, and Videos ... You can now download audiobooks, eBooks, and Videos from the Lubbock Public Library website for free! Click here for information on how to do this.
E-books for Texans - Click the highlighted text to learn about Apple, Kindle, Kobo, Nook, and Sony readers; free E-book sites for each one; and how to use overdrive with each one. (Provided as part of a Texas State Library grant.)
Friends of the Library Annual Book Sale continues on the first floor and in the basement of the library.
New and used books are on sale at bargain prices.
Pay for your books at the checkout counter.